You have two basic options, Hosted or Self-Hosted. Below are things to know when you are choosing between these options.
Self-Hosted webfonts from FontShop
- You are charged based on the number of pageviews per month your site has as a one-time fee.
- You are given the EOT/WOFF files to self-host on your site.
- You keep track of the pageviews per month your site receives.
- You can extend your license to support more pageviews by contacting FontShop.
Hosted webfonts from service providers
- You are charged based on the number of pageviews per month your site has as a subscription based model which can be annual/monthly depending on the provider.
- You are given a line of code to include within your site that serves the fonts to your site.
- The service provider keeps track of the pageviews per month your site receives.
- If you go over your pageview limit, default fonts may be served until you increase your subscription terms.
Self-Hosted and Hosted
- On FontShop, available for webfonts only from FontFont.
- A voucher is included with license that allows you take the fonts to Typekit.*
- Self-Hosted terms still apply if you choose the Typekit option.
*FF Chartwell Web is currently not supported.
If you have additional questions you can always email FontShop’s Support Team for help.