In 2008 exljbris released it’s first commercial typeface, Museo, with several weights offered for free. This strategy worked well, turning Museo into a bestseller. The foundry has continued to add additional typefaces, such as Anivers and Fertigo, with free weights. Below are some highlights from their EULA.
Basic EULA Rights
- Desktop use supports up to the maximum number of simultaneous users specified in the applicable license, starting with 1 users.
- You may provide the font to a designer, printer, or other service bureau that is exclusively working on your behalf only if they agree to the terms of the original license and retain no copies of the font software on completion of the work.
- Non-editable embedding is allowed.
- You cannot distribute the font or make it accessible to third parties beyond the scope of the original license.
- You cannot embed the font into software or hardware products.
If you have additional questions you can always email FontShop’s Support Team for help.