Call for Input: Best of 2011

It’s definitely difficult to believe that it’s already November. We’re hard at work compiling our “Best of” lists before the holiday season distracts us. While we definitely have opinions amongst our staff on what typefaces and enhancements defined the year, we’d like to hear yours as well.

Need some inspiration? Take a look back at some of our previous years’ posts. Next, flip through our New Fonts lists to see what’s come out this year. Then leave your picks in the comment section below.

Not sure if you’ll have motivation to volunteer picks? Let’s sweeten the pot a little bit. We’ll pick 10 lucky commenters to win a copy of the FontBook for iPad. Just leave your comment by November 30!

1. mmeilleur
    Posted November 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM | Permalink

Fakt Pro (March 2011). Sets like a dream, great character set–I use it wherever others might use Helvetica. And it’s a WebKit font as well!

2. jurij
    Posted November 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM | Permalink

Kryptoid Volume One (my pick for the london olympics…)

3. Craig
    Posted November 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM | Permalink

Sweet Titling No. 11 is pretty sweet.

4. Joe
    Posted November 4, 2011 at 7:39 PM | Permalink

Engel Sans New

5. laia
    Posted November 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM | Permalink

Sympathic Pro!! From august 2011

6. Posted November 5, 2011 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

I’d second something Sweet, and then add Alda and Rhythm. As a close runner-up, I can’t get Acta’s swooping swashes out of my head. Satura’s curves still make me uneasy, which is an endorsement.

7. Posted November 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM | Permalink

Progresso – CastleType – March 2011

8. Posted November 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM | Permalink

I love Novel Sans by Christoph Dunst. It has the potential to get a modern humanistic classic.

9. Wei Huang
    Posted November 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM | Permalink

FF Tundra!

10. carolina
    Posted November 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM | Permalink

So hard to choose! I like: MVB Embarcadero, FF Oxide Web and Eidetic Modern.

11. Posted November 26, 2011 at 10:44 PM | Permalink

I love FF Celeste Sans Web. It nice and clean for my website!

12. D O R A U R A I
    Posted November 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM | Permalink

Neplus ultra for the character k, Filmotype Quartz for it’s inline lowercase , Bookeyed Family because this is just the thing I was looking for right now, Satura Pro for the love of Miro and ….. Sensaway Std,is my winner for beeing the incredible vanishing type!

13. dinobib
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM | Permalink

Justus Pro by URW

14. Posted November 30, 2011 at 11:37 PM | Permalink

FF Din OT. Fantastic range of characters, I haven’t been lost for one yet.